Thursday, April 27, 2006

The last paper and the in betweens...

I have just one paper left and I just can't get down to starting on it although I'm having less & less time to finish it. It's 60% and closed book so I have to start...arg!

Anyway, some things that have happened in the past few days have irritated me...gonna spell them out here. Hopefully it'll be therapeutic:

1. Got a bloody letter from my army unit stating that I am liaible to be mobilised from 21st April; I got the letter on 25th April. As usual, the army screws up. Apparently, the NUS (so called world class uni) has told them that we have already graduated. Idiots.

2. Egypt bomb blasts: I don't understand these idiots la. They wanna kill foreigners but end up killing 20 of their own people? How stupid can they get? But the thing that irritated me about this is that it puts our grad trip in jeopardy. I hope that all six of us will be able to go for our grad trip, whatever the details are in the end. Think it'll be different if any one of us can't make it. For me, I'm gonna have to convince my mum that it's safe. Of cos, I have to be sure myself as well.

3. CHee S00n jU@n: He's a bloody idiot la. I agree with the ST report which stated that he diminishes the credibility of the opposition. I guess he really has nothing to lose but doesnt he realise that he's turning more people off and def won't be drawing any votes for his party? In fact, the whole fiasco has completely destroyed any hope that SDP has in this elections. Idiot!

4. The tactics of our incumbent powerhouse here in Spore. Despite my respect for most of them, I really despise some of the tactics that they use, especially using upgrading as something to threaten the voters. What I realise is that they will be basically choosing our next batch of leaders la. It's like new ppl enter all the various parties but becos one is in a strong GRC (those not contested, then they're given a 'free ride' into the govt), although those new-comers from the opposition parties may be just as good if not better. I don't like this elite thingy la.

5. Although my constituency will be contested, I will not be able to vote cos I'll be overseas. arg! why did they choose 6th May! hai~ but I will go for the rallies la. Anyway, although the opposition has made their rounds (and I've talked to them), the ruling party seems to be slacking in Sengkang la. Never see or hear from them at all. Maybe they concentrating on Pasir Ris or something. Btw, the boundaries suck la. oh well...enough of complaining.

I just need to study for my last paper man. Somebody Save Me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Nick! When are you leaving for your grad trip? you going to Egypt is it? Cool man....I'm going to Bangkok so I won't be able to vote as well....if you're going for the rallies, do let me know cos I wouldn't mind checking it out. Good luck for your last paper bro!

Mark

NN said...

hey mark!

u're going bangkok during the election weekend as well? I'm going with CSS ppl also man! heh...ya tomolo's the paper & I feel like dying already. heh. Cya soon...teh sometime this week!